5.15.2009

ARTIST PROFILE.....STEPHANIE MARAZ GRAY

Thank you for all the the warm thoughts and comments. Spending time with a good friend has been good for the soul. I have a core group of girlfriends that I've known for over 20 years. We have seen each other through many different phases in our lives. Susie makes me laugh like no one else can. I recently spent time with another dear friend of mine in Arizona. Stephanie Maraz Gray is an exceptional textile artist. From her I've learned about passion for life. She collects antique and vintage textiles from around the globe and turns them into wearable works of art under her label "Love Apples". Stephanie is a beautiful and vivacious woman, and brings passion to everything she does. My camera was in meltdown mode when I was there so I was only able to take a few images of her. I've photographed her work many times in the last 20 years and will share some of those images in another entry.
The images below (except for the last one) were taken by her husband and fellow photographer, Gator. More images of their work can be viewed on their website: Any Where Imports







I loved the shoes she had on that day - orange pumps!
Sotto Il Monte Vinyards